What is Coaching?
Coaching is a powerful relationship that facilitates the positive transition for you by encouraging creative thinking and reinvention of yourself with exceptional results. As a coach, my role is to help you make the best use of your own resources. I coach executives and entrepreneurs to be effective leaders through developing key leadership qualities, strategic thinking, and effecting changes in style and behavior. I maintain focus on the required performance outcomes of coaching engagements and hold my clients responsible for the agreed goals and actions. My background enables me to combine my broad business experience with my professional and academic learning to give effective results-focused coaching based on sound coaching theory and techniques.
What my Coaching Isn’t?
My Coaching ISN’T about fixing You or Your weaknesses.
Many people who hire coaches are already successful and use coaching as a tool to meet that next level of success.
My Coaching ISN’T just chit-chat or a coffee conversation.
My Coaching sessions are enjoyable, but they are challenging and goal oriented and it is part of the process that facilitates you with deep learning, sustainable change and the motivation to challenge yourself.
My Coaching is Not about giving you ready-made solutions or advice.
It’s about helping you discover solutions that will move you forward to your goals.
How does my Coaching work?
My coaching programs focuses on YOU. My coaching style is energetic and challenging, and leads to increased insight. We work together towards effective action plans and the motivation you need to apply the learning you gain in coaching to your current situation to achieve both your personal and professional goals in future. I support you in setting clear measurable goals and offer the framework required for achieving success within a specific timeframe.
Our coaching conversation helps you to identify the what or where of your desired future state – the foundation and how you might want to get there.
How long does coaching take?
A typical coaching program will take 3-6 months to complete. When working with me you are likely to experience moments of emergence immediately and through the coaching sessions. Sustainable change does not happen in a linear way but you are likely to experience it as a discovery in a discontinuous way over a period of time. We need time to create intentional change and new neural pathways in our brains to help us follow through with new and sustainable habits that move us forward.
What can you expect from me in the coaching process?
My utmost belief in you: I know of no more encouraging fact than the unquestionable ability & positive potential in you to elevate your life by conscious endeavor. I believe in your positive ability to set and achieve goals bigger than what you have achieved in the past and maintain sustainable changes. These evolve through working with your strengths that you discover and develop whilst working together.
- Confidentiality: every conversation of ours is confidential and will always remain so.
- Structure: I listen to you, understand you and your environment and ask thought-provoking questions that enables you to move forward to your goals and create the sustainable shifts you desire.
- Share: I am happy to share my personal experiences by momentarily taking off my coach hat, to enable you to move closer to achieving your goal.
- Feedback: in every coaching conversation, I will share with you my observations where you are doing well and those which are holding you back.
What do I expect from you?
- you are willing to make changes and committed to working to your goals
- you will be on time for your coaching sessions
- you have enough funds to honor your coaching fees and payment of the fees on time
- you will keep an open mind to learning
- you will be open to feedback and are open to making changes
- you will be open with me in letting me know what is working well with you and what isn’t.
- signing up for a coaching program also means working on yourself over time and not trying to find a quick fix solution. While each session can result in insight and breakthrough ideas, the real benefits arise from the shifts that take place over a period of time.
Clients and colleagues describe Lalita as compassionate, insightful, focused, challenging yet caring and who looks for the best in people. Her approach keeps you accountable and she is a sounding board for your ideas, plans and strategies. She works with people to assist them in becoming “self-generative” through deep development and self-reflection and awareness.
My commitment to you is that I’ll engage with you, understand what you seek, challenge you to explore new direction, possibilities and future and assist you in the journey to achieve the desired shift.
For a glimpse into a typical coaching session please refer Coaching session with a typical client.
Victoria had hired me for a period of 6 months and her desired outcome at the end of six months was to have a strong executive presence especially in terms of her Gravitas and Communication. Victoria has been able to overcome her fears and has a stronger gravitas. She is able to exude her inner strength and confidence. She is able to communicate effectively with her senior management.
Contact me if you wish to achieve your desired results and move from stuck to unstuck.