My workshops and group coaching covers aspects of leadership development from emotional intelligence, employee engagement, communication to sales excellence. I have conducted these workshops as public workshops, with the British Chamber of Commerce as well within organizations tailored to suit their specific needs. Each workshop is highly interactive, engaging and conversational. In each of these workshops you will also learn why we behave the way we do by understanding some neuroscience perspective.
Some of the Workshops that I have done to date are:
Brain Tricks for Managing Email Overwhelm
What’s the most common form of business communication in your organization? If you’re like most companies, it is email. What’s the most commonly misinterpreted, abused, overused, annoying and generally frustrating form of communication in your organization? Yep, email it is.
Love it or hate it, email has become an essential part of each of our daily lives. You probably know of people who would skip a meal but would not go without reading emails for a couple of hours.
An unfortunate side effect of being so on top of all those inbound email messages is that you’re distracted from whatever you were working on at the time. How does that impact your brain and your ability to work effectively.
Email Communication with your clients, people within or outside your organization is a core skill, and can make or break your career.
- How a brain-based approach to emails can help you manage your inbox.
- How a brain-based approach to emails can help you manage your personal brand and image.
- How a brain-based approach can help you build and maintain strong relationships with anyone you communicate with, through email.
Tips and Tricks to Engage and Retain Employees
Engaged Employees Make Results Possible. An engaged employee has the Emotional Commitment to their organization.
Come and learn about key behaviors and neuroscience research on why people behave the way they do.
- What affects employee engagement?
- What are the behaviors that impacts engagement?
- What are the neurological drivers of engagement and how our brain works.
- What are the factors in the brain that drives employee engagement.
Influencing Sales Through Executive Presence
In this workshop, you will discover an executive image that enables you to influence the sales in your organization. I will share my top tips on Executive Presence that makes a difference in how you communicate with conviction, confidence, candor, genuineness and charisma and in the way people perceive you.
- How to find the right level of confidence, share your knowledge through stories, examples, and questions?
- How to create a winning message that connects with your customer?
- How to communicate with confidence, credibility and conviction?
- How to overcome your inner gremlin and do away with fear?
- How to be a good listener and let the buyer do the talking?
- How to inspire your customers to move forward in the buying process?
The Art, Science and Craftsmanship of Networking
Increase your awareness re: what happens to your brain as you meet new people. What does neuroscience have to tell us on social situations which are outside our comfort zone? Learn to take steps to manage your emotions by getting to know your brain better and increase your comfort level and success at networking.
Motivating and Inspiring Others To Embrace Change Within An Organization
People do not accept Change easily. Why so? Because change causes anxiety, uncertainty and is thus met with resistance. For our brains, it’s really about surprise reduction. Researchers have discovered that the brain saves energy by predicting what it is likely to see. Thus our brain craves certainty and avoids uncertainty like pain.
Yet, we need to initiate change, be part of the change and have others accept the change.
How do you increase your understanding all aspects of change within your organization as well as effective ways to manage change, increase buy-in to change and inspire others to embrace change?
The focus will be on your role as a change leader and will cover practical scenarios based on self-assessments, insights, and interactive style of the workshop.
- How to establish the need to consider change.
- Ethos, Pathos and Logos of Change.
- Persuade your audience to take action
- Use a defined structure to communicate change with conviction
- Influence and motivate in a clear and concise way.
- Change management skills and how to apply them.
Contact me to find out more about my upcoming public workshops, and/or to discuss a workshop that I can tailor make for your company.