Dynamics of Communication and Leadership Communication
American Women’s Association (AWA) on 28 November 2012
Regardless of whom you are and what you do Communication can make or mar relationships at any level. The little space we allow and create in relationships prevents excessive familiarity and allows breathing room within the relationship. Clarity is key to communication. Communication is not only verbal but also includes body language. Clarity in communication substantiates supports, authenticates and endorses the conversation.
Silence is not the answer to avoid challenges. Communication gap is created by our apprehensions, fear, ego, assumptions, inability to discuss the issue and ask proper questions. Are you underestimating the importance of communication?
To let people know “Who are you?” requires effective communication of your values.
Communication involves interest, curiosity, enthusiasm, support, values, needs, aspirations, problems and solutions.
In this talk you will :
- Understand the beliefs and emotions that govern people’s behavior
- Identify your personality type
- Learn Strategies to effectively deliver your messages
- Develop an understanding for the unique differences in people’s behavior
Identifying The Right Person For The Right Job
The Hong Kong Securities Institute on 13 December 2012
Employee turnover is a significant cost to any firm. One of the most common causes of employee turnover, poor performance and productivity, low morale and employee engagement is the mismatch between the position/job description and what the employee actually believes they are expected to do.
Job descriptions are more often than not laid out in terms of tasks not by way of talents required, behavioral patterns and values. Imagine if the job could talk what would it say for performance and productivity?
Retention is a big issue. Typically people stay because jobs are hard to find or get. When things open up the “best people” leave. This leaves performance and productivity holes in the Company
Good managers work with the Four Success Keys – select for talent, define the right outcomes, focus on strength and find the right fit. The right people in the right roles with the right managers drive employee engagement and low turnover.
In this talk you will determine:
- What is “Talent”
- What are strengths and how do you discover them
- How do you work with the talents unique to an individual and match that with the job profile
- Understand the importance of Talent
- Identify how to turn talent into performance involving the turning of the “Four Keys of Success”
- Understanding how as an individual you can turn these Four Keys
- The Alignment of Position to People + Right People in the Position = Success
- How do you retain employees – top performers
- How do keep the continued interest and enthusiasm of your employees
- Learn to capitalize on your strengths and manage around weakness
- Help find the right fit – more of what each one is wired to do
- Casting error & how do fix that
- How to manage the “misfits”
Bottom line: Learn about Strength Based Career Profiling and Development which leads to better performance, higher productivity and increased revenue.